- If I could start over, what would I do differently?
- What would I not change at all?
- What have I learnt?
- What do I want to be five years from now, and ten, twenty…?
And I share some of the answers to #1, hoping that the exercise would inspire you as much:
- I would sleep less, and read more.
- I would eat less, and work out more.
- I would complain less, and compliment more.
- I would spend fewer weekends at work, and more at home.
- I would spend more time alone with the one I love.
- I would read more with my kids when they were young.
- I would talk/listen to my parents more often.
- I would watch less TV and fewer movies.
- I would spend less on things, and more on experiences.
- I would save more for travel; I would see more of this world.
- I would start a foundation to educate the poor, or support such foundations.
- I would write a diary of things I learnt.
- I would learn languages, cooking, playing a flute, rock climbing…
- I would stay in touch with more friends and more family members.
- I would plan less, act more.
- I would worry less, breathe more, pray more.
I realized that while I can’t go back in time, I can still make many of these changes today. I can’t change the past but I can change my today, and tomorrow. I have started on the list, and it feels great!
What would you like to do differently with your life?
[Photo of the Hunchbacks taken yesterday during the stage 4 of MacLehose Trail in Hong Kong]