- We want to be slim but we eat too much
- We want to be smart but we miss the class, or don’t read the books
- We want happy relationships but we sabotage them with our actions
- We have dreams but we don’t set goals
- We want to achieve our goals but we don’t plan
- We plan but don’t take the action
- We worry about retirement but we don’t save
- We want to finish the project but we don’t stay focused
- We want to wake up early but we don’t go to bed early
The list goes on. Are human beings lazy, indisciplined, indecisive and stupid by nature? Do our genes not have the willpower to fight temptations, to persevere, to do the right thing?
What do you think?