We all know that most sugar is bad for us. Here are some of the harmful affects of sugar on our body:
- Sugar can suppress the immune system.
- Sugar can contribute to hyperactivity, anxiety, depression, concentration difficulties, and crankiness.
- Sugar contributes to a weakened defense against bacterial infection.
- Sugar can cause kidney damage.
- Sugar can increase the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Sugar can promote tooth decay.
- Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
- Sugar can increase total cholesterol.
- Sugar can contribute to weight gain and obesity.
- Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
- Sugar can cause hypertension.
- Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
Avoiding sugar is not easy because it is processed in so many foods we eat. These foods are not just sweets; sugar in large quantities can be found in “non-sweets” products. Here’s the approximate sugar content of popular foods in teaspoons full of granulated sugar:
T=tablespoon, t=teaspoon, 1t = 15 calories!
46t Jelly, 1T
46t Orange marmalade, 1T
34t Strawberry jam, 1T
34t Donut plain
23t Ice cream, 1/8 quart
17t Ice cream bar
15t Chocolate cake iced, 4-ounce piece
14t Chocolate sundae
12t Apple pie, 1 slice
9t Soft drinks, 1 bottle (12 oz.)
8t Canned fruit juice, 1 glass
7t Chocolate eclair
7t Lemon pie, 1 slice
6t Chocolate milk, 1 glass
6t Donut glazed
4t Corn flakes, 1 bowl
3t White bread, 1 slice
2t Cheese cake, 4-ounce piece
How many teaspoons of sugar are you consuming per day or per week? Which ones can you avoid?
8 thoughts on “How Much Sugar Are You Consuming?”
hi mush bhai!!oh my God!!i never knew we were consuming so much sugar n it was so much harmful to grab a no sugar product happily thinking we are consuming a healthy snack..thanx for sending us the article n letting us know the adverse effects of sugar coming to us indirectly!!
[…] more fruits and vegetables; cut unhealthy fats and sugars, reduce processed food; eat slowly and in small portions… Make some exercise part of your […]
Hi there can I quote some of the information from this entry if I reference you with a link back to your site?
How much sugar content does jalebi have?
I ate recently in Clake Quey.have u tried.
Bhavna, I used to eat a lot of jalebis as a child. Now I avoid it. It appears to have thousands of calories per piece 🙂
i have an acidic stomach and i always take some antacids to take care of it.`
View all of the most current content at our own web-site
A variety of models in line with the VN Holden Commodore had been developed by HSV probably
the most potent of these getting the Commodore SS Team A SV constructed
But Hotline Miami is such a strange, colorful, and gory knowledge that as soon as it hooks you it is
challenging to quit.