We need more of this stuff, especially to show our kids!
Reprinted from DailyMail UK. In case you are wondering how to consume 3000 calories a day, it’s easy: some pizzas, some soft drinks, some ice cream, some chocolates, some danish… I am switching to a monthly cheat day; waiting for 1st October.
- Cheery tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
What next? Chop the main ingredients and mix together. Then make the dressing and pour over the salad. Lastly, sprinkle crushed walnuts on top and serve/eat. Visually appealing, extremely nutritious, quite filling and very delicious!
Please share your favorite salad recipe.
Check out Dinchack Facebook page for daily tips on happiness, motivation and success!
Paleo has become my favorite diet and lifestyle. Not only it allows me to maintain myself at my perfect weight and size, without regular exercise, there are lots of other benefits too!
I first heard it from Hamza, my son who is a bigger health and fitness freak than I am. Then I read the book, The Paleo Solution. More on that here.
I started following the diet in September, and lost 3kg and 2 inches of belly fat in 4 weeks, as reported here. By week 6, I had lost 3.5kg and 2.5 inches of belly fat, as posted here with a photo in November 2012.
By week 8, I had achieved my target of losing 4kg and 3 inches of belly fat. I was down to my perfect weight of 75kg and waist size of 32.5″. Here’s the best part: I have maintained it for the last 4 months! Want to know what the diet really is? Read it here.
It’s easy to follow. You don’t need to go find or cook anything special. Just remove carbs from your regular meals and add some more vegetables, nuts and lean meat.
While on Paleo, I feel more energized all day long, even during late afternoon and after dinner. Sleep seems to have become more refreshing and it’s easier to wake up energized.
If you are serious about weight loss, you must read more on Paleo and give it a try.
[Photo of one of the best fruit salads I’ve ever had, during one of my travels to the Middle East]
In a post last month, I wrote about my introduction to Paleo and the 30-day challenge. Well, 30 days are over and here are the results: lost 3kg and 2 inches from the waist.
If you don’t want to read the book, here’s the summary: The basic theory behind the Paleo Diet is that our bodies are evolutionary and genetically designed to thrive on Paleolithic era. You choose foods that were available during the caveman-era, such as meat, fish, eggs, roots, vegetables, berries and mushrooms. And you give up on all processed foods and everything that came along after agriculture and animal farming were adopted such as sugar, added salt, dairy, grains and all processed or fast foods. You drink water and eliminate all beverages, except green tea and coconut water.
My challenge was to cut down on lentils, yogurt, fruits, home-made roti (bread) and the afternoon latte, while introducing eggs and meat back into my diet. Here’s what my diet looked like: Continue reading
What it takes for a 70-kg, 30-year-old woman to work off a blueberry muffin (360 calories):
- 21 minutes of fast skating or
- 33 minutes of jogging or
- 66 minutes of lawn-mowing or gardening or
- 77 minutes of cycling or
- 92 minutes of vacuuming or
- 115 minutes of lifting weights or
- 230 minutes of folding laundry
Think before you eat 🙂 [photo credit: TIME magazine, August 2009]
Download free e-book: 47 simple steps to enhancing life
- Fasting promotes detoxification. As the body breaks down its fat reserves, it mobilizes and eliminates stored toxins.
- Fasting gives the digestive system a much-needed rest. After fasting, both digestion and elimination are invigorated.
- Fasting quiets allergic reactions, including asthma and hay fever.
- Fasting promotes the drying up of abnormal fluid accumulations, such as edema in the ankles and legs and swelling in the abdomen.
- Fasting normalizes blood pressure in the vast majority of cases.
- Fasting makes it easy to overcome addictions e.g. tobacco, caffeine and alcohol.
- Fasting clears the skin and whitens the eyes.
- Fasting restores taste appreciation for wholesome natural foods. Our taste buds come alive after fasting and food never tastes better.
- Fasting is the perfect gateway to a healthful diet and lifestyle. Going on a fast gives you the motivation and enthusiasm to make a fresh start.
- Fasting initiates rapid weight loss with little or no hunger. Most people are surprised at how little desire for food they have while fasting.
[Muslims practice 30 days of fasting every year, and it starts tomorrow!]