We all know that everything makes a difference when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. If you find it difficult to make major changes to your diet and exercise routine, start with small changes. See how many of the following you can commit to:
- Add a fruit or two to your breakfast. Or make fresh juice with 2-3 of your favorite fruits.
- Have a small portion of uncooked vegetables (salad) with your lunch.
- Replace unhealthy snacks like cookies and crisps with your favorite dried fruit.
- Try fruit yogurt instead of ice cream.
- Replace regular coffee with decaf, or better still, herbal teas.
- Use olive oil if you must have deep fried stuff.
- Have fresh lime instead of carbonated drinks.
- Stop eating three hours before your bedtime.
- Replace white sugar with brown sugar.
- Replace white bread with brown bread.
- Replace white rice with brown rice.
- Replace regular milk with skimmed milk.
- If you must have cheese, have cottage cheese or feta cheese.
- Do at least 10 minutes of simple exercise, like stretching or jumping, before breakfast.
- Take the stairs instead of elevators.
- Park your car a little farther so you have to walk to it.
- Take a 10-minute walk during your lunch time – slowly increase to 20 minutes.
- Take a 20-minute walk a couple of hours after dinner – with your spouse, kids or dog.
- Do some form of intense exercise at least once a week – swimming, cycling, hiking, other sports.
- Eat 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big meals a day.
Please share your own health and exercise tips too.
4 thoughts on “20 Healthy Habits”
Its the lychee season! Have lots of them they are anti aging and defy cancer and also promote collagen in the skin!
different kinds of salads, pizza is Mozza at Marina Bay Sands. cheers all my friends love it too.
Quality articles is the important to attract the viewers
to go to see the web page, that’s what this website is providing.
Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to
no backup. Do you have any methods to protect against hackers?