Sorry, no video today! I decided not to spend the last Sunday in Karachi recording, editing and uploading another video. But here’s one of my popular posts from a year ago.
‘Hector and his Search for Happiness’ was a movie about a psychiatrist who feels guilty of dispensing recommendations to his patients that never change their conditions or make them any happier. So he sets out on a journey to find out what makes people happy. During his interesting and inspiring trip, he makes the following 22 observations:
- Making comparisons can spoil your happiness.*
- Happiness often comes when least expected.
- Many people only see happiness in their future.
- Many people think happiness comes from having more power or more money.
- Sometimes happiness is not knowing the whole story.
- Happiness is a long walk in beautiful, unfamiliar mountains.*
- It’s a mistake to think that happiness is the goal.*
- Happiness is being with the people you love; unhappiness is being separated from the people you love.
- Happiness is knowing that your family lacks for nothing.
- Happiness is doing a job you love.*
- Happiness is having a home and a garden of your own.
- It’s harder to be happy in a country run by bad people.
- Happiness is feeling useful to others.*
- Happiness is to be loved for exactly who you are.
- Happiness comes when you feel truly alive.*
- Happiness is knowing how to celebrate.*
- Happiness is caring about the happiness of those you love.*
- Happiness is not attaching too much importance to what other people think.
- The sun and the sea make everybody happy.*
- Happiness is a certain way of seeing things.
- Rivalry poisons happiness.
- Women care more than men about making others happy.
- Happiness means making sure that those around you are happy.
* These are my favourites. Which one is yours?
One thought on “What is Happiness to You?”
Many thanks always inspiring; ,leaving Sydney for Hong kong early Monday morning insha allah ,regards FAROOQ
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.