I’ll be 50 in a few hours! And as a gift to my children, family and friends, I started writing my life lessons a couple of weeks ago. It started looking like another book, so I cut them all down into one-liners and still ended up with about 65. Thanks to Sara who helped keep the best 50. I hope these inspire you to change your thoughts and take some action towards making your life more dinchack…
- Life is fair even when it doesn’t seem to be.
- You are not supposed to be like everyone else.
- When in doubt, listen to your heart, and take a small step.
- Change your actions, reactions and the way you put yourself out there, and you will change the way the world responds to you.
- Three things change your life: love, suffering and dreams.
- Focusing on all you have rather than what you don’t have is far better use of our brainpower. Gratitude is the first step to positivity and happiness.
- Holding a grudge is like holding burning coals in your own hands.
- Life isn’t perfect, but it has perfect moments.
- Nobody has extra time. You just have to make room for what’s important.
- Dreams are important, but only when we follow them with goals, plans and actions.
- The less stuff you have, the freer you are.
- You don’t have to win every argument.
- Accept and expect that failure is part of the experience. Learn from it and move on.
- Don’t let your past mess with your present.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Success with people comes not from being interesting but being interested.
- Make exercise a daily priority. It makes you physically, mentally and emotionally stronger. It improves your health and your outlook.
- It’s hard to live a high performance life in a low performance body.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Friendships need time and attention. Nurture them.
- Anything can change in the blink of an eye.
- Change is good; don’t resist it. Embrace it and consider it an adventure.
- Life is too short for pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- Angry outbursts result in regret, stress and unhappiness.
- The only way to overcome a fear is to jump right in.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- If you haven’t found your passion, make it a mission to find it. The joy it brings reflects in every aspect of your life.
- Don’t wait for special occasion to do or say something special. Today is special.
- Plan well but be prepared to go with the flow.
- Follow-up and follow-through are critical, though few people practice either.
- Work harder and smarter – not one or the other.
- Travel enlightens you, expands you, and makes you more interesting, insightful and accepting. Spending on travel is an investment in yourself.
- Learning is our most powerful leverage in life.
- Thoughts become things. Whether positive or negative, limiting or liberating, our thoughts can become our reality.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
- Forgive everyone everything.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are old and sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
- Believe in miracles.
- God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
- Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
- You can teach them, love them and support them, but you can’t change them. They are unique individuals who must live their own lives. Let them.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- Everything you want is out there and everything you need to achieve it is inside you.
- Age is a number. Don’t allow a number to hold you back from being the person you are inside.
- The best is yet to come.
- Have faith. (Sara suggested to add this to the list)
Please let me know through comments which one did you find most useful/inspiring, and also feel free to share your own life lessons. Thanks!
17 thoughts on “50 Life Lessons by Mush Panjwani”
First of all Happy Birth day. You are a Gift of God to all those who know you or have met you once. All points are just awesome and amazing.I loved no. 14 and 42 the most.
Thanks, Maria! Best wishes 🙂
superb work! (y)
Thanks, Anna! Best wishes 🙂
Dear MUSH HAPPY BIRTHDAY.I always keep learning from you.Brief , concise words of advice/wisdom always carry more weight,and you are so good at it.
From your fan..Farooq Shaikh( now in Karachi and missing you)
Thanks, Cherie! Best wishes 🙂
Thanks, Farooq bhai! Best wishes 🙂
Happy birthday ! I always believe one year older , one year wiser ! Thanks for the notes ! Will try to apply these to daily life
Thanks, Cherie! Best wishes 🙂
Wish u a very Happy Bday 🍰life is definitely fair and its us who should strive to make it even better and memorable…All 50 lessons are dinchak 👏👏👏
Thank you, Zohaib! Best wishes 🙂
All of the 50 lessons are awesome….i liked 49th one the most….ur points r a brief summary to live a happy contented life..
You and salma apa r gr8 inspirations for me always…
Thank you, Farheen! Best wishes 🙂
Happy Birthday Mush and many more wonderful years to come! Thanks for sharing your 50 Life Lessons. They’re inspiring and contagiously positive. Will share them in my FB Timeline for friends to read. God bless you!
Thank you, Cynthia! Best wishes 🙂
Thanks, Imran! Best wishes 🙂