An excerpt from one of Tom Peter’s recent posts:
Don’t think of our current economic crisis as a recession. Instead, think of it as a recalibration. Everything is different now. If you think of it as a recession, you may be tempted to “hunker down” and wait for the economy to cycle back. If you think of it as a recalibration, you will be motivated to focus on what you have to do differently, since everything is different now.
- The way your business generates results is different, now.
- Your customers think differently, now.
- Your customers care about different things, now.
- Your customers act differently, now.
- Your customers may actually be different people, now.
- Customers aren’t disposable anymore; more than ever, you have to create sustainable customer relationships.
So, what can we do differently?