Today is a celebration of Buddha’s birthday in Hong Kong. And here’s a collection of the shortest but very inspiring quotes by Buddha. Each one seems so simple, yet is so deep.
- You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy.
- What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.
- Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
- Until he has unconditional and unbiased love for all beings, man will not find peace.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
- Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
- Always be mindful of the kindness and not the faults of others.
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- Live every act fully, as if it were your last.
Do you have a favorite Buddha quote, or any other short inspiring quote to share?
[Photo of a wall hanging in a store – probably unauthorized]
For daily tips on happiness, motivation and success, join the Dinchack Facebook page.