We all have those moments when we feel low, unhappy or a bit depressed. Somebody said something that hurt. Someone didn’t notice your good work and you felt bad. Your actions didn’t produce the desired results, and you got depressed. The problem with such feelings is the negative cycle they create, so it’s important that you quickly reverse the emotions. There are many ways to do that, but the one that takes the least amount of time and effort is gratefulness.
Sit in a quiet place, close your eyes and think of 30 good things in your life that you may be taking for granted e.g.
- Waking up alive in the morning – thousands die every day
- Seeing everyone else in the family also waking up alive and safe – no disasters
- Having running water for brushing, shave and shower – millions in the world don’t
- Having a choice of hot or cold or warm water for shower
- Wearing nice clothes, with lots of choices and matching shoes and bag and jewelry
- Eating breakfast and other meals – millions are starving to death
- A job to go to – how many are jobless in your city/country? Continue reading